Hays Area Chamber of Commerce qualifies for 2013 Chamber of Year
Special to The Hays Daily News
More than 200 ACCE member chambers of commerce have been invited to apply for the Chamber of the Year award, the most prestigious award in the chamber profession. The Hays Area Chamber of Commerce is one of 202 chambers nationwide receiving an invitation to apply. The award is sponsored this year by WebLink International.
Data from the 2012-13 Chamber Operations Survey was used to pre-qualify applicants for the award. Chambers had to meet four of the six criteria listed below to qualify for the competition:
* Total revenue minus total expenses must equal a positive number.
* Current assets/current liabilities must result in a ratio that is not less than 1.
* Total assets minus total liabilities must equal a positive number.
* Net assets/total annual expenses must equal a ratio that exceeds the average of all survey participants.
* Dollar value of retained members must exceed the average of all survey participants.
* Membership retention based on the number of member accounts must exceed the average of all survey participants.
The Chamber of the Year is the nation's only award recognizing the dual role chambers have in creating both leading businesses and communities. Chambers honored with this designation have not only demonstrated success in community leadership and organizational strength, but also have made an impact on key community priorities such as education, transportation, health care and cultural vitality.
Winners of the 2013 Chamber of the Year will be announced at this year's annual ACCE convention July 23 to 26 in Oklahoma City. For more information, visit www.acce.org/chamberoftheyear/chamber-of-the-year.