1 electrocuted, 1 injured in Barber County
Published on -8/30/2013, 3:19 PM
MEDICINE LODGE, Kan. (AP) -- A 20-year-old lineman has died after being electrocuted in an accident in south-central Kansas.
The Barber County Sheriff's Office says in a release they received a 911 call reporting someone had been electrocuted Thursday. Two men were apparently shocked while setting up an electric pole for Track Utility. When the wind kicked up, the pole fell and struck a power line above the area where the men were working.
The sheriff's department says 20-year-old Dakota Holt of Coulee Dam, Wash., was taken to a hospital where he died. The other worker has been hospitalized in Wichita for burns to his face, hands and feet.