Ellis County Commission will meet Monday
The Ellis County Commission will consider approval of purchase of a 2014 Ford Expedition at a cost of $32,017 for use by Ellis County Rural Fire District No. 1 at its 6:45 p.m. meeting Monday at the Ellis County Courthouse.
In other business:
* Commissioners will consider a request from the city of Ellis for removal of large tree stumps from the creek bed of Big Creek in Ellis.
* Commissioners will consider a resolution concerning insurance proceeds.
* Commissioners will recognize the retirement of three county employees: Dean Denning, Martha Miller and Ronald "Skip" Schlyer.
* Commissioners will consider approval of a resolution setting salaries for elected officials for 2014.
* Commissioners will go into executive session to discuss two issues regarding non-elected employees.