FHSU announces homecoming royalty
Special to the HDN
Ten finalists have been announced for king and queen at this weekend's Fort Hays State University's homecoming.
Each FHSU student organization was encouraged to nominate a candidate for homecoming king, queen or both.
Royalty finalists will lead the Snake Dance at the pep rally and bonfire at 7 p.m. Thursday at Stadium Place.
Finalists will also participate in the homecoming parade at 1 p.m. Saturday in downtown Hays.
The king and queen will be announced at halftime during the FHSU football game, which begins at 7 p.m. Saturday.
The 2013 homecoming finalists are:
* Hailee Schlachter, Bennington, sophomore majoring in elementary education
* Breanna Tendick, Bonner Springs, sophomore majoring in nursing
* Andrew Scheer, Colwich, junior majoring in athletic training
* Monica Anderson, Frankfort, sophomore majoring in psychology
* Emily Goad, Great Bend, senior majoring in organizational leadership
* Sydney Lower, Hutchinson, sophomore majoring in secondary education and mathematics
* Daniel Hill, Kensington, junior majoring in music education
* Korby Boswell, Onaga, senior majoring in organizational leadership
* Johnny Hill, Peyton, Colo., junior majoring in graphic design and a 2011 Falcon High School graduate, was nominated by the FHSU Honor Society.
* Colin Baker, Washington, junior majoring in graphic design