USD 489 personnel transactions
By The Hays Daily News
At Monday's meeting of the Hays USD 489 Board of Education, the board:
* Accepted resignations from Krista Jensen, USD 489, Christa Bergmann and Tammy Wittman, HHS, and Laurie Toepfer, TMP-Marian special ed paras; Meredith Cory, Hays High special ed para/job coach; Lindsay Brull, special ed teacher; Michelle Quinones and Brooke Whitmore, Learning Center lab assistants; Adrienne Samia and Tessa Walters, Washington, Peggy Stull, Roosevelt, Ben Galloway, O'Loughlin, and Ben Housman, HMS ELL paras; Carly Hill, Hays Middle School teacher; Curtis Caldwell, HHS custodian; Bruce Rupp, HMS head football coach; Carey McFann, Lincoln para; Courtney Schweizer, HHS head cheer coach; and Colton Stone, Lincoln after school assistant.
* Approved retirements for Patricia Schumacher and Marilyn Davidson, Roosevelt teachers; Lesley Schonthaler, Roosevelt counselor; Shiela Brening, nutrition services director; Lynda Seifers, HMS principal's secretary; Fred Pullmann, Rockwell custodian; and Bob Helget, HHS special ed para.
* Approved maternity leave for Jessica Groff, Wilson teacher, and Michelle Callahan, Roosevelt teacher.
* Approved transfers for Brenda Urban, Washington migrant parent liaison/migrant data, and Evelyn Younker, HMS kitchen manager.
* Approved provisional employment for Elizabeth Schiel, Hays High teacher; Cassie Bryant, Wilson teacher; Sarah Smith, O'Loughlin teacher; Ann Adams, HHS part-time teacher; Ryan Zimmerman, speech language pathologist; Nicole Lind, school psychologist intern; Tammy Schoenthaler, payroll assistant; Luke Pechanec, general maintenance tech; Hayley Charles, Washington, Lilian Rezende, Lincoln, and Saul Hernandez, HMS/HHS ELL paras; Saul Hernandez, HHS head girls and boys soccer coach; Valerie Summers, HHS special ed para; Eric Lane, HHS custodian; Courtney Keleher and Katherine Johanson, HHS dance team sponsors; Abby Staley, HHS assistant cheer coach; Cole Cherryholmes, HHS assistant football coach; and Christin Nunnery, HHS head volleyball coach.