Purchase photos

No injuries in Schoenchen house fire

4/30/2014

By MATTHEW KENWRIGHT

By MATTHEW KENWRIGHT

mkenwright@dailynews.net

SCHOENCHEN -- There were no injuries reported after a Monday evening fire destroyed a modular home at approximately 8:30 p.m. at 107 Grant in Schoenchen.

Ellis County Rural Fire Department responded to the scene.

Levi Williams said he fled the fire with his two sons, Zachary, 14, and Orion, 8. They were cleaning the house when they realized there was an emergency.

"We just noticed a bit of smoke, and by the time we were able to do anything about it, the bookcase was, like, already engulfed in flames," he said.

Williams' ex-wife, Christine, and their 12-year-old daughter, Sarina, were not home during the incident.

Ellis County Rural Fire Director Dick Klaus said he believes an electrical problem sparked the blaze. The fire started in the livnig room.

Rural Fire Companies 5, 8 and 9 responded to the scene with tankers from companies 4 and 6.