County to discuss changing fireworks ban
The Ellis County Commission will meet at 5 p.m. Monday in the courthouse to discuss giving the commissioners the ability to relax the ban on fireworks. Adding the flexibility includes a prohibition on sky lanterns.
Other business on the agenda includes:
* Commissioners will receive a $5,598 bill to remain a member of the Kansas Natural Resources Coalition.
* There will be a discussion about choosing voting delegates and alternates for the Kansas Association of Counties Conference.
* Mike Graf, Ellis County Public Works director, will update commissioners on partnering with the state and federal government on road signage and bridge repair.
* Commissioners will discuss upgrading the phone system in the still undetermined temporary office for courthouse and Law Enforcement Center staff.
* Commissioners will consider a draft letter supporting the Marketplace and Internet Tax Fairness Act. If passed, the law would allow the county to collect sales tax on online transactions.