Purchase photos

Electrical fire causes slight damage

6/14/2013

By The Hays Daily News

By The Hays Daily News

An electrical fire Thursday afternoon in a home in the 3100 block of Tam O'Shanter resulted in slight damage, according to the Hays Fire Department.

Firefighters were dispatched to the home at approximately 2:45 p.m. Thursday.

On arrival, firefighters found a fire burning in the electrical service equipment and inside the wall at the rear of the home, according to a press release from the fire department. One hose crew was able to bring the fire under control. Additional crews checked the rest of the house and worked to remove smoke.

The fire department said the probable cause of the fire was an electrical malfunction in the main service equipment supplying the house. Hays police, Ellis County EMS and Midwest Energy also responded.