Fundraiser to benefit Ellis woman's kidney transplant
By The Hays Daily News
ELLIS -- A "Blissful" weekend is scheduled for June 29 and 30 when a fundraiser is planned for longtime resident Celeste Bliss-Johnson, who is waiting for a kidney transplant.
One of the highlights of the weekend is a 5K Color Explosion Run on June 30. Participants can pick up packets at 8 a.m., and the run is at 9 a.m. Registration, available at www.blissfullweekends.com, is $40, or $30 with groups of four or more. Late registration after June 28 is an additional $5.
During a Color Explosion Run, a runner receives a packet with environmentally friendly powdered color. At two points in the race, colors are thrown by runners and spectators. Every 15 minutes at the finish line, more colors are thrown into the air.
Other events scheduled for the weekend include:
* A motorcycle benefit run at noon June 29.
* Lunch at 1 p.m. June 29 at Knight of Columbus Hall.
* Bingo at 1 p.m. June 29 at K of C Hall.
* A dance with band Sister Whiskey from 9 p.m. to midnight June 29 at K of C Hall.
* A pancake breakfast from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. June 30 at K of C Hall.
* A silent auction at 2 p.m. June 30 at K of C Hall.