HPD releases info on Komen race
Special to The Hays Daily News
The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure will be Saturday morning, beginning at Municipal Park in Hays. In an effort to ensure the safety of all those involved, a portion of the route will be closed to vehicular traffic.
Komen race route:
1. Start - Big Creek bridge on south Main St. heading NORTH to 8th St.
2. Turn LEFT on 8th St. heading WEST.
3. Turn LEFT on College Drive heading SOUTH.
4. Turn RIGHT onto Gustad Drive heading WEST.
5. Turn LEFT onto US183 Alternate heading South.
6. Turn LEFT onto Main St. heading NORTH to the finish - in front of the Armory.
South Main Street will be closed between U.S. Highway 183 Alternate and Fifth Street beginning at 5 a.m. At 8 a.m., Main Street will be closed to Eighth Street, and Eighth Street will be closed between Main and College Drive. Traffic control devices will be in place. Motorists can expect limited access along the race route until 9:30 a.m. Main Street will remain closed until approximately noon.
The police department urges motorists traveling through this area to drive with caution due to the increased pedestrian traffic.