* Things didn't go as planned for sport compact driver Monte Honas, Ellis. Honas, who has won nine features in a row at RPM Speedway, was 10th in his heat and seventh in his B-main. Salina's Dallas Dunn failed to make the feature as well, finishing sixth in his heat and 13th in his B-main.
* Brenden Damon, Great Bend, didn't have the best of luck in his Northern sport mod heat race. But he did win the Sybesma Graphics best-appearing car award in the class for his pink wrap promoting breast cancer awareness.
* Lindsborg's Kurtis Pihl nearly qualified for the sport mod Race of Champions, finishing third in his heat. Only the top two drivers in the five heats advanced. Kaid Calhoon, Beloit, and Matthew Crowell, Clearwater, also competed in ROC heats Tuesday.
* Crowell finished fourth in his sport mod heat but advanced one position after a driver failed post-race inspection. That put Crowell in the night's second A-main, where he started deep in the field. He finished 21st.
* Salina's Jesse Levin was one spot shy of qualifying for a sport mod A-main, finishing fourth in his heat. The top three advanced to one of two qualifiers Tuesday. He was one of the area's top finishers in sport mod heats Tuesday.