* Selden's Jason Rogers won his stock car heat and started sixth in the second A-main. But Rogers was pushed out of his line early in the race, then failed to finish after a few more laps. He was credited with 28th place.
* Travis Coop, Portis, nearly advanced to Saturday night's hobby stock main event. Coop, who accumulated enough points with solid outings the first two days, started 28th of 30 cars in Wednesday's last-chance qualifier. He worked all the way to eighth, just two spots shy of transferring in his rookie season.
* Salina's Jesse Levin made the last-chance qualifier in the Northern sport mod class but finished 11th. Only the top six transferred.
* Nick Tubbs of Colby, Jeff's younger brother, finished fourth in a stock car B-main. He was fourth in his heat. Another Colby driver, B.J. Wagoner, was 12th in the same B-main after taking fifth in his heat race. Only the top-two finishers in heat races advanced to the night's A-mains.
* Brian Knoell, Salina, and Brian Calhoon, Beloit, finished eighth and seventh in different mod heats. Corey Lagroon, Salina, was seventh in his heat. Oakley's Troy Plummer was fifth in his heat, and Jay Weigel, Stockton, was seventh in the same one. Tim Watts, Beloit, was eighth in his heat, and Jesse Richter of Great Bend just missed a spot in one of the two A-mains by finishing inches behind the second-place finisher in his heat.
* NICK SCHWIEN, HDN