www.mozilla.com Weather Central
Voices
Headlines

New security system will check Wichita school visitors against sex offender database -8/20/2014, 4:46 PM

Kansas students above average on ACT; fewer met math readiness benchmarks -8/20/2014, 4:46 PM

Kansas gas prices continue to fall -8/20/2014, 4:46 PM

Happiness at Holcomb: Students, teachers excited for first day of class -8/20/2014, 4:46 PM

Fire damages apartment building in El Dorado -8/20/2014, 4:46 PM

Dick's opens sporting goods store in Garden City -8/19/2014, 4:46 PM

Salina firefighters to participate in Fill the Boot -8/19/2014, 3:52 PM

Plenty of food options for hungry car enthusiasts at BlackTop Nationals -8/19/2014, 3:51 PM

Empac CEO Gordon Rogers set to retire -8/19/2014, 3:51 PM

Dr. Trent Davis to fill city seat -8/19/2014, 3:51 PM

myTown Calendar

SPOTLIGHT
[var top_story_head]

4 suffer carbon monoxide exposure in NE Kansas

Published on -11/6/2013, 5:06 PM

Printer-friendly version
E-Mail This Story

OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (AP) -- Four people are hospitalized in northeast Kansas for carbon monoxide poisoning that authorities blame on a car left running inside a closed garage.

The fire department in the Kansas City suburb of Overland Park says two adults and two children were taken from a home around 7:30 a.m. Wednesday. Two people were reported in critical condition and two in serious condition.

A passer-by noticed a sick teenager in the home's front yard. Emergency responders found the other three people inside the house.

Family members said the car was accidentally left running Tuesday night inside the garage with the door closed.

The level of carbon monoxide inside the house registered more than 40 times higher than safe exposure levels.

digg delicious facebook stumbleupon google Newsvine
More News and Photos

Associated Press Videos

AP Breaking News
AP Nation-World News

View this site in another language.